SmartVault offers an iPhone & iPad app that allows you to take a picture of a receipt or document with your smartphone’s camera and upload it to your vault.
Features of the Virtual Bookkeeping SmartVault App include:
- Get and send links to files from your iPad or iPhone
- Email files as attachments from your iPad or iPhone
- Search for files on your iPad or iPhone just like you can do from the SmartVault client portal
- Easily upload photos to SmartVault – really handy for taking pictures of receipts (or any other images you need to upload to SmartVault)
- Works with other iPad and iPhone apps that support the “Open in…” feature to share files between apps.
- An enhanced PDF viewer in full-screen mode. This is fantastic for viewing PDF files on your iPad and a great way to run slide shows right from your iPad (if you save presentations to PDF one slide per page).
SmartVault for iPad or iPhone is available as a free download to all SmartVault users. Just visit the App Store from your mobile device and search for SmartVault.
Unfortunately, SmartVault currently does not have an Android app. However, they do provide a work around to provide users of the Google Android access to all of their documents in SmartVault and upload videos, photos and email directly to SmartVault.
Google Android has a variety of WebDAV applications available that you can use to connect to SmartVault and view and manage your documents.
To use SmartVault with a WebDAV application on a Google Andriod device:
- Go to your Google Play app on your phone and then in the Search field, type WebDAV to search for an Android app that supports WebDAV.
- Review the list of available Android apps that support WebDAV, and then install the app that best meets your needs. I recommend and use “X-plore” on my Android phone.
- After you have installed an Android WebDAV app, use the following settings to connect to your SmartVault account:
- Title: SmartVault
- URL: https://docs.smartvault.com
- Note:SmartVault uses secure HTTPS and not insecure HTTP
- Sign in: Enter the email address you use for your SmartVault user ID.
- Password: Enter your SmartVault password.
- After you connect to your SmartVault account, you can now securely browse your accounts, vaults, folders, and documents.